Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- What are System Requirements to view eGATE?
- Working Computer (PC, Laptop or Tablet) with minimum 512 MB RAM (1 GB Recommended) and 1 GHZ or above Processor.
- speaker or headphones to listen to the class.
Note: You will need atleast 512 kbps broadband connection to view eGATE sessions
- Firefox or Chrome browser with Adobe Flash installed
- After login to eGATE, I see the message "There is no Live class going on"?
- There is no live class now. Please check your schedule and come back when the class is scheduled. Meanwhile, you can go through Video on Demand Section.
- Can I ask the faculty to repeat the question or topic just discussed?
- In the same session, using the player, you should be able to go back to the beginning of the session and replay what the faculty had said earlier. Faculty will not receive chats in the middle of his lecture.
- Can I chat with the faculty all the time?
- The faculty chat is moderated, and goes through an administrator. Administrator collects questions and passes them on to the faculty after the class of 40 minutes. Faculty will discuss your questions in 15 minutes of Question Discussion Time. Your questions should be clear, complete and relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Will all my questions be answered?
- The faculty attempts to answer all the questions in the time given. However the questions must be relevant and should pertain to the current class. So yes, within reasonable limits, all your questions will be answered.
- Where can I access eGATE schedule for live classes?
- You can view the Class schedule from Login page or after you login, please select class schedule from the menu.
- I cannot see any video.
- The Video is buffering.
- Buffering means slow internet connection. You will need at least 512 KBPS broadband connection at home.
- How can I view the video in Full Screen?
- The player controls have the options to enable full screen viewing. We advice full screen viewing during the class.
- I am not able to see chat window?
- Click on Chat with us to load the chat client and post your question.
- I am posting my questions in chat but no-one is answering. I asked the question to faculty but he is not responding.
- The questions are picked up by an admin, and given to the faculty only after the first 40 minutes of lecture. The question discussion time is the last 20 minutes of every lecture hour.
- What is Video on Demand (Previous Classes)?
- If you have missed a particular session or if you would like to watch a session again, Video on Demand gives you the option to view previous session for the last 7 days with no limitation. You can watch the video at your convenience and any number of times.
- Where can I watch all eGATE sessions?
- We provide access to only last 7 days of eGATE sessins.These are live sessions, recordings of which is available only for a limited time.
- Can you extend the validity of Video on demand?
- The validity of Video on Demand will not be altered. The concept of eGATE is listening to live classes, not recorded sessions.
Missed/Previous Classes FAQ's
Quick linksView - Experience an eGATE session(recorded) - http://sso.gateforum.com/demo_streams_new.php
Register for a demo for eGATE - http://user.gateforum.com/register.php
Visit eGATE package webpage on Gateforum - http://gateforum.com/courses/egate/
Get Adobe Flash for your browser - http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
( View class schedule here! )
If you have any further questions or feedback, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org